Meet Dr. Teitelbaum
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D.
Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, (a.k.a. "Dr. T") is a board certified internist and nationally known expert in the fields of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, sleep and pain. He has authored numerous books including the best-selling From Fatigued to Fantastic! (now in its 4th edition). He is the lead author of numerous studies on effective treatment for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, and one study on effective treatment of autism using NAET. He also developed the popular free smartphone app "Cures A-Z." Dr. T lives in Kona, Hawaii.
- From Fatigued to Fantastic!
Dr. T’s best-seller on living with, and overcoming, CFS and fibromyalgia. Avery Penguin Group, 1996, and 2020, fourth revised edition.
- The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution
The Essential Guide to Overcoming Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia, Made Easy! Penguin Group, 2013.
- Diabetes is Optional: Hintonia: The Natural Way to Control Type 2 Diabetes
Many of us think diabetes is an inevitable part of aging. Nothing could be further from the truth! To Your Health Books, 2018.
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now!
Learn about the exploding health risk sugar poses to our diet. Find out if you’re 1 of the 4 types of sugar addicts, and learn how to break the addiction! Fair Winds Press, 2011. Co-authored by Chystle Fiedler.
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now! for Kids
The cutting-edge program that gets kids off sugar safely and easily. Fair Winds Press; Coauthored by Deborah Kennedy.
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now! Cookbook
Recipes That Cure Your Type of Sugar Addiction and Help You Lose Weight and Feel Great! Fair Winds Press (January, 2012). Co-authored by Deirdre Rawlings, Ph.D., ND, and Chrystle Fiedler.
- Real Cause, Real Cure
Discover highly effective, safe and low-cost natural approaches to improving your health — from arthritis to zits! Rodale (Released June 2011; available at Amazon and bookstores August 2012). Coauthored by Bill Gottlieb.
- Pain Free 1-2-3
Discover natural and alternative approaches to promoting pain-free living. McGraw-Hill, 2005 and 2006 revised.
- Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy
By applying the simple three-step principles in this book, you can develop the ability to be happy whenever you choose! Deva Press, 2003.
- Effective Treatment of Severe Chronic Fatigue States — A Report of a Series of 64 Patients (PDF)
Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, 3 (4) (1995): 91–110.
- Effective Treatment Of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia – A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study (PDF)
Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Vol. 8, No. 2, 2001. PP3-28.
- The Use of D-Ribose In Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia: A Pilot Study
J Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2006;12(9):857-862.
- Effective Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia with D-ribose: A Multicenter Study (PDF)
The Open Pain Journal, 2012:5:32-37.
- Effect of Recovery Factors® Nutritional Supplement in CFS & Fibromyalgia (PDF)
The Open Pain Journal, 2020, Volume 13.
- HRG80™ Red Ginseng in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Post-Viral Fatigue (PDF)
Pharmaceuticals, 2022, 15, 43.
- First Reported Case of Idiopathic Dilation of the Nonprimary Pulmonary Artery
Chest (February 1978)
- Improving Communication Skills in Children With Allergy-Related Autism Using Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques: A Pilot Study (PDF)
Integrative Medicine, Vol. 10, No. 5 Oct/Nov 2011. P36-43.
Smartphone App, Cures A-Z
Cures A-Z is a smartphone app available for both iPhone and Android. It is a medical reference guide for people who prefer to use natural therapies to manage health issues when they can, but are content to use prescription therapies when they’re the better choice. Developed by Dr. T and his wife, nutritionist Laurie Teitelbaum, Cures A-Z shows you when to use either approach, or when to combine the two, in order to produce the healthiest and most effective treatments for common health issues.
Dr. Teitelbaum has been interviewed and quoted in hundreds of local and national magazines, newspapers, websites, podcasts and television programs, with appearances including Good Morning America, CNN, Fox News Channel, the Dr. Oz Show and Oprah & Friends.
The S.H.I.N.E.® Protocol
Dr. T battled CFS and fibromyalgia while attending medical school in the mid 70’s. In his struggle to heal, he discovered treatments that were unknown to the medical community and began a quest that became his life’s passion — helping those who suffer from these debilitating illnesses. The S.H.I.N.E.® Protocol treatment program he developed has helped tens of thousands of sufferers reclaim the vitality CFS/FMS once robbed from their lives. Through his books, speaking engagements and private practice, Dr. T has also reached many of you.
- The first day of my recovery started after finding Dr. T’s videos on YouTube. I was in a very dark place before finding his S.H.I.N.E. protocol. I’m now fully recovered. Dr. T turned my life around."
- It is compassionate, dedicated, supportive people like Dr. T who give me hope and shore up the dignity this illness erodes. You may never fully understand how much it helps CFS patients just to know that we aren’t overlooked, forgotten and dismissed. And that someone highly qualified and brilliant enough to know how to look for the answers is actually spending their time looking for them!! Heroes not only run into burning buildings to save people, sometimes they painstakingly search for ways to restore others to health. God bless you, Dr. T, and your staff!"